[imp] Improving IMP message load times

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Dec 14 22:10:25 UTC 2011

Quoting Mat Cantin <mat at cantinbrothers.ca>:

> I've got the imapproxy installed and IMP configured to use it, but
> I'm still seeing a LOGIN/LOGOUT lines in the logs and the dreaded 3
> second wait for every new message being read. Is there some
> configuration in IMP I might be missing to work with imapproxy?

You will always see LOGIN/LOGOUT lines in the log output.  This is
required.  If truly using imapproxy, these are precisely the commands
that are caught by it and not passed along to the IMAP server.

If using imapproxy, your log should look something like this:

S: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
AUTH=LOGIN XIMAPPROXY] Dovecot ready.
C: [LOGIN Command - username: slusarz]
S: * OK [XPROXYREUSE] IMAP connection reused by imapproxy
S: 1 OK User logged in

michael