[imp] Drop down menus IE8 CSS positioning

R Phillips R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk
Thu Dec 22 17:03:06 UTC 2011

On 20/12/11 22:07, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting R Phillips <R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk>:
>
>> imp version 5.0.15
>>
>> We had some users mention problems with the drop-down menus ("Reply",
>> "Forward", etc) in the message view of the "Traditional" view in Imp.
>>
>> It's a bit random but it appears to affect Windows 7 users with Internet
>> Explorer 8 the most with their browsers in IE7 compatibility mode
>> (haven't really looked for the header that sets this up at the moment so
>> not sure why this should be).
>>
>> The drop down menu appears to align itself to the right of the parent,
>> and therefore is almost impossible to mouse over easily.
>>
>> A potential fix is to use something like "left: 0;" in
>> horde/imp/themes/default/sceen.css
>>
>> in the .msgactions lu ul {
>>
>> I think this is something to do with triggering IE7 to re-compute it's
>> position, "hasLayout".
>>
>> Can anyone else fill in my knowledge in this area/confirm the issue?
>
> Finally getting around to this...
>
> Testing with IE 8 and IMP 5.0.17, I don't see this.
>
> michael

> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

I had trouble replicating it too, but can assure you it does exist when
I finally got a combination of IE and Windows it happened to, so it is a
browser rendering issue and nothing to do with Horde/IMP.

I'll use it for a local site work-around, we've had no reports of it
breaking anything else.

Richard