[imp] expired session when opening imp

Jack the Fish jackthefish at hana-arashi.de
Wed Jan 11 12:57:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have successfully installed Horde 4.0.13 with imp 5.0.17. The
authentication is configured to let imp handle the login which works
fine. The mail server is a remote imap server which is hosted by
domainfactory (http://www.df.eu).

When I log in to Horde I see the dashboard and I see on the left menu
the imp mail entry. The imap connections seems fine to me because unread
messages are shown in the left menu (written in bold 'Mail (2)').

If I click on the mail menu entry, the imp mail screen loads, and a
warning message appears 'The server was unable to generate the message
list.'. After I click on another link, I return to the login screen
('session expired').

I have looked into the debug log (with 'DEBUG' priority) and the imap
backend log but I don't have any clue why the logout happens. The log
content shows no error. It seems that after reading the messages from
the current folder a logout is initiated. But I couldn't find any trace
who is responsible for this and why...

Does anybody have a idea what is happening?

Sascha