[imp] Advance Search - Sort results

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jan 16 04:35:40 UTC 2012

Quoting duonut <playedalive at gmail.com>:

> Hi
> I am find that when doing a normal search within a folder, I can search and
> then sort the results accordingly.

This is correct.  It is easy to sort search results from a single
mailbox - the SORT IMAP extension allows this.

> When I do the same search as an advanced search I am unable to properly sort
> the results.

That is correct behavior, since it is possible to search more than one
mailbox (even if only one mailbox is searched, this would be
inconsistent and confusing UI).

There is no way to currently sort results from more than one mailbox
(this will need to be done on the client side, not the server side).

That being said, this looks broken in dynamic view since I *am* still
given the opportunity to sort an advanced search - sorting results in
strange results (each mailbox is sorted individually, and then all
messages are concatenated to a single list, so sorting appears random).

michael