[imp] content-disposition

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jan 19 19:37:10 UTC 2012

Quoting Torok Jozsef <tj at jgypk.u-szeged.hu>:

> Hi!
>
>  We have a problem with imp5, which (as i recall) did not existed in imp4.
>  When sending emails with attachments, which has non-ascii characters in
> their filenames, some MUA can't handle it. And it's not just that shitty
> incredimail, but Windows live mail can fail sometimes.
>  The difference (MAYBE) is the Content-Disposition header, in imp5 looks
> like this:

> name*=utf-8''quoted%C3%81%C3%A9%C3%BA%C5%B1.pdf Content-Disposition:
> attachment;  filename*=utf-8''quoted%C3%81%C3%A9%C3%BA%C5%B1.pdf; size=1085
>  Same attachment with gmail:Content-Type: application/pdf;
> name="=?UTF-8?B?cXVvdGVkw4HDqcO6xbEucGRm?=" Content-Disposition:
> attachment; filename="=?UTF-8?B?cXVvdGVkw4HDqcO6xbEucGRm?="  The latter
> works good, however probably imp uses the RFC's. Is there some
> compatibility option somewhere? Can i 'fix' it somehow? thx tj

horde/config/conf.php: $conf['mailformat']['brokenrfc2231']

 From conf.xml:

     Some MUAs
     (e.g. Outlook) do not correctly parse MIME parameter information according
     to the relevant standard. This may result, for example, in filenames that
     do not appear correctly in these MUAs. If this option is enabled, Horde
     will attempt to send messages in a way that both standards compliant
     agents and these broken agents can understand. However, since these
     messages are no longer standards compliant, there is no guarantee these
     messages will appear correctly in *any* MUA so the default is to send
     in the standards compliant method only.

michael