[imp] Odd symbols instead of mail message

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jan 24 01:48:53 UTC 2012

Quoting Mat Cantin <mat at cantinbrothers.ca>:

> Quoting bvr <bvr at dds.nl>:
>
>> We have this same problem, so I'll give you what information I have.
>>
>> Also see this bug report: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10169
>>

> Seems to me that bug 10169 pretty much covers the problem I'm
> having. One thing I should add is that I've found that turning
> inline HTML messages to false in imp/config/mime_drivers.php makes
> this problem go away. If this becomes more widespread with my users
> I'll have to make this a permanent fix.

Then it is definitely an issue with charset conversions from a bad
message.  All charset conversions are done by PHP's XML module (which,
in turn, is built off the standard libxml package), so we don't
directly control this.

But as the above ticket displayed, nobody has been able to
reproducibly provide input that is handled incorrectly.  A similar
issue was confirmed fixed awhile back:

http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=9567

michael