[imp] Forwarding attachments

Alex May alex at maymay.de
Wed Jan 25 14:48:08 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Sender: imp-bounces at lists.horde.org
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:40:16
To: <imp at lists.horde.org>
Subject: Re: [imp] Forwarding attachments

Quoting Alex May <alex at maymay.de>:

> Otherwise we can discuss endlessly what "forwarding" really means,
> and whether outlook is doing it wrong, but users will expect what
> they are used to.

And what users expect is to hit forward and not to have to worry about
what is being forwarded.  The vast majority of users DO NOT
pick/choose attachments.

Anyway, this topic has been beat into the ground in the past and is
not a close call, so it's not worth retreading the same ground over
and over again.

michael

Shouldn't IMP and DIMP at least do the same when one chooses to "edit as new"?
If so, can you please allow the current traditional view action to be used in DIMP.
Giving this flexibility can't surely compromise the other options.
There is no way to switch quickly from IMP to DIMP or vice versa without logging out and in again, is there?

Alex