[imp] authentication lost to imap server

Diego D'Angelo diegonob at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 15:33:09 UTC 2012

Hi list, we have a problem in horde/imp, everything is working fine until a
random moment writing a mail in imp or viewing mail, etc, imp shows an
error like this:
"Server does not support TLS connections"
and the only thing we can do when appear this message is logout, and them
login again...
this problem is in dimp and tradicional mode.

The OS is debian squeeze
horde                     4.0.13  stable
imp                       5.0.18  stable
ingo                      2.0.7   stable
kronolith                 3.0.12  stable
mnemo                     3.0.4   stable
nag                       3.0.7   stable
timeobjects               1.0.5   stable
turba                     3.0.10  stable
webmail                   4.0.3   stable

we active the debug in horde and when the incident appear, in the log we
saw:

2012-02-03T14:20:26-03:00 ERR: HORDE [imp] Server does not support TLS
connections. [pid 16451 on line 345 of "/var/www/mail/imp/lib/Imap.php"]

this is  the backend.local.php:

 $servers['patora'] = array(
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'IMAP Server: Cyrus',
    'hostspec' => '192.168.1.100',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'debug' => '/var/log/imap.log',
    'secure' => 'tls',
    'port' => 143,
    'maildomain' => 'domain.gov.ar',
    'smtphost' => 'cyrus.domain.gov.ar',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'cache' => true,
    'timeout' => 90,
    'quota' => array(
        'driver' => 'imap',
        'params' => array()
    )
);

### we try imap ssl (993) and imap (143) , with all of those test the
random invalid login in cyrus appears.

and in the /var/log/imap.log see:

S: * OK Server Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.13-Debian-2.2.13-10+etch2 server ready
C: [LOGIN Command - username: ddangel0]
>> Slow IMAP Command: 5,331 seconds
S: 1 NO Login failed: authentication failure

and in the log of the cyrus server i see that the login is incorrect.

others thing w try is to change the authentication in horde, today we use
ldap, but other days we try imap, and with the two method the problem
persist

i see the ticket : http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10680
and my question is if these ticket have the same problem i have?

tell me if i should to show you my configs of horde and imp to analize if
the problem is a miss configuration

regards
diego