[imp] attachments not showed with IMP 5.0.18

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 8 18:16:09 UTC 2012

> Hello,
>
> I am testing IMP 5.0.18 and when a mail is forwarded beetwen systems
> the attachments become unrecognizable.
>
> In this example the MIME part image/jpeg is showed as octect-stream
> by IMP and clicking over the attachment link the popup windowns said
> "Could not auto-determine data type".
>
> any idea about where the problem  can be?

[snip]

>  2005)

[snip]

> ----77ad52058a31e0e63bf

That empty Content-Transfer-Encoding is incorrect.  It is most likely
causing the parsing code on the IMAP server to incorrectly identify
all the parts in the forwarded message.

Note that this is NOT an issue that can be fixed in imp.  We determine
the structure of a message via the IMAP BODYSTRUCTURE command.  If
that command is giving us incorrect information, there is nothing we
can do about it.

In short, that e-mailer (Sun Messenger Express) is sending broken MIME
messages.

michael