[imp] migrating users from traditional to dynamic interface (message deletion)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 15 07:48:29 UTC 2012

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:

> The problem you describe obviously originates from the fact that it
> was unclear to the user that she selected *all* messages. Looking at
> our UI I must admit that this is hard to see. We display the note
> "358 messages selected" but it is a faint gray and may be difficult
> to see. I wonder if we could make this more obvious. Do people think
> that this might be an option?

I'm not sure if making the message count in the preview box darker is
going to help out.  I would argue that making it darker will make it
more difficult to read the screen in general - I think it is at an
appropriate color level now.

As for indicating that all messages are selected: we clearly activate
the checkbox in the header when this is the case.  This is MORE than
most OS's do to indicate that, for example, all files are selected in
a folder.

michael