[imp] IMP preference message flags ordering

R Phillips R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 15:46:05 UTC 2012

On 22/02/12 06:21, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting R Phillips <R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk>:
>
>> I have a curious issue and don't particularly know where to look to find
>> a resolution.
>>
>> At one point to do some diagnostics I changed the colour of the "Seen"
>> message flag highlighting colour in the IMP preferences (traditional
>> mode).
>>
>> I've just updated to the latest IMP on one test and deployment servers
>> and there is a discrepancy in the order in which they are applied on the
>> two different servers.
>>
>> One highlights the "seen" and "deleted" messages by highlighting in the
>> "deleted" colour (and appears *after* "seen" in the preference listing),
>> and the other applies the "seen" colour for deleted,seen messages and
>> appears after deleted in the preference listing.  Both servers display
>> the strike-through.
>>
>> Whilst on the face of it, this isn't too much of an issue, we load
>> balance across two servers and different message highlighting is likely
>> to cause at best, complaints.  On the whole these servers are treated
>> equally and configured using identical build scripts... unless I've
>> missed something....?
>
> It's probably due to the order that the flags are returned by the IMAP
> server (or the order that they are stored in the cached message object).
>
> michael

> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

According to the IMAP telemetry the order of the flags is the same.
I've rsync'd the code from both servers onto another server alternately
in an attempt to find the difference, but code from each doesn't change
the behaviour no matter which server the code comes from.

Can you shed any light on the cached message object?  I'll have to start
looking there.

Thanks for any replies.