[imp] message forwarding display inconsistency

Scott Dellinger scott.dellinger at uvm.edu
Wed Feb 29 15:58:44 UTC 2012

A colleague passed along to me an inconsistency found by a couple people using IMP’s dynamic interface, at least in 5.0.18 and 5.0.19:

	- If you double-click on a message in the mailbox list so it opens in a new window and then click Forward (i.e., forward as attachment) in that window, the compose window opens with the forwarded message attachment listed in blue and clickable to show its contents (since it gets CSS style attachName in compose-dimp.js).
	- If you select multiple messages in the mailbox display and click Forward, the compose window opens with the forwarded message attachments displayed in blue and clickable.
	- If you select one message in the mailbox display and click Forward, the compose window opens with the forwarded message displayed in black and not clickable (it gets CSS style attachNameFwdmsg).

I would think that all three cases should probably result in the same behavior in the compose window (presumably, the ability to view the attachment, though personally I find the ability to view the email attachment I just added to be of limited value).

--
Scott Dellinger
Systems Architecture & Administration