[imp] Subscribing to folders

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Mar 21 10:13:01 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 21 March 2012 00:48:01 Arnold Krille wrote:
> On 20.03.2012 22:45, Vilius Šumskas wrote:
> > Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> rašė:
> >> Its a folder I created via imp. Its neither shared nor did I see
> >> anything other than full rights in thunderbirds acl-viewer.
> >> I also noticed that I can't access the folder at all with the gui when
> >> I am not subscribed to it.
> > It's something with your IMAP server then. You need to do a more
> > debugging on your side.
> One last late-night thought: Could it be because I activated the
> alternative namespace for cyrus? Maybe I will test that first tomorrow...

Here are my findings:

With the alternative namespace:
 - Traditional imp is able to subscribe and unsubscribe all folders.
 - With the dynamic view of imp it can unsubscribe from all folders but only
re-subscribe folders in certain sublevels (INBOX.irina doesn't work,
INBOX.irina.bla doesn't work, INBOX.irina.bla.blub does work)

With the normal namespace:
 - Dynamic view of imp can only subscribe to levels INBOX.irina.bla and below,
not to INBOX.irina.

There are some facts that make me sreiously doubt that the problem is in my
imapserver and not in the dynamic view of imp:
 - thunderbird works with the imapserver
 - traditional imp works with the imapserver
 - K9-Mail on Android works with the imapserver
 - All folders concerned where created with imp and cyradm reveals that the
owner (me) has full access to the folders.

So, is it a bug to report in the bugtracker or is it a feature?

Have fun,

Arnold