[imp] horde utf8 problem

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Mar 28 19:30:23 UTC 2012

Sveiki,

> Hi,

> @Jan  Thank you for your answer.

> Yes, upgrading would be the correct way but
> unfortunately we cannot upgrade horde at the moment but we will do later.
> Nevertheless I would like to find a workaround to have proper umlauts
> in horde.

> Any hints?

As  you  correctly  found  out  you need to change PEAR's DB.php so it
would  support  charsets.  However  this  only  sets the connection to
needed charset, this doesn't convert the data.

For   data  you  need  to  dump  it,  convert  to  UTF8,  recreate the
*structure*  of  Horde  database  with  correct  UTF8 descriptions for
tables  and columns, and import the data back. Don't forget to set
the charset in Horde configuration too.

I   won't  get  into  the details, because as Jan said you really need
to upgrade to H4 to get more extensive support. But you can find more information in
horde/dev  archives  and  on  the  internete  in  general.  Search for
something like "convert mysql data from latin1 to utf8".

--
Best regards,
 Vilius