[imp] Horde 4.0.14 / IMP 5.0.19 / Trouble with dynamic interface

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:50:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Florent TETART <ftetart at sigb.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you Francis for your answer, I already did this but nothing changed.
>
> I increased my memory limit (512M, even if the max memory used by horde is
> 20M according to its own logs...), I have recompiled php on Unbuntu to
> remove the suhosin patch, I tried on a another server with Zend Server
> without suhosin, and I always have the same trouble :
> my Inbox is partially fetched then
> "Error when communicationg with the server" and this javascript error :
> TypeError: this.data.get(o.key) is undefined :
>  this.data.get(o.key).VP_rownum = o.value;
> There's no messages in the logs (no messages in the logs of horde and no
> messages in the logs of apache)
>
> Could someone tell me where I can look into the code to find where it comes
> from  (I'm a 10 years old PHP/Javascript developper) or if I missed
> something obvious...
>
> Florent
>

> francis picabia a écrit :
>
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM, francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Suhosin exists for a reason.  This answer and the google answer is
>>> ill-informed.
>>> Debian comes with suhosin compiled in.  It can work, once some limits
>>> are tweaked.
>>>
>>> Here is what I last used on our Redhat Horde server:
>>>
>>> /etc/php.d/suhosin.ini:
>>>
>>> extension=suhosin.so
>>>
>>> suhosin.memory_limit = 201326592
>>> suhosin.post.max_vars = 400
>>> suhosin.request.max_vars = 400
>>> suhosin.session.encrypt = 0
>>>
>>> To this you can safely add:
>>>
>>> suhosin.simulation = on
>>>
>>> to run your set up without actually blocking anything
>>> but only to see warnings in /var/log/messages
>>>

>> That was from an older Horde.  In version 5 of IMP
>> it appears this would be useful:
>>
>> extension=suhosin.so
>>
>> suhosin.simulation = on
>>
>> suhosin.memory_limit = 201326592
>> suhosin.post.max_vars = 400
>> suhosin.request.max_vars = 400
>> suhosin.session.encrypt = 0
>>
>> suhosin.cookie.disallow_nul = Off
>> suhosin.get.disallow_nul = Off
>> suhosin.post.disallow_nul = Off
>> suhosin.request.disallow_nul = Off
>>
>> Once you see there are no entries for false positives, then
>> try with simulation off.

When a problem is rooted in the suhosin, you will see notices in the system log.
The default syslog for suhosin is in /var/log/messages.

If there is nothing showing there about suhosin, then suhosin has not
blocked the apache/php request and you have a different problem.

If your cat poops on the floor, don't punish the dog.  Likewise, if suhosin
isn't creating a problem, then why defeat it?

To search for suhosin messages, grep for 'suhosin' in /var/log/messages

This is also true for running the simulation.

If you have defeated suhosin patch and extension by recompiling
your php, I suggest you revert back to the supported php package
from your distro, or security and bug fixes in php are going to be
a pain to keep up to date.