[imp] Emails sent with evolution client do not have their recipent addresses shown in the sent mail folder

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Wed Apr 4 19:23:01 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 13:25 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the sent-emails folder residing in my imap directory, I see
> > messages under the "To:" column displayed as "From: My Name". So,
> > instead of seeing the recipient address for those messages I sent, I
> > see my name in that format.
> >
> > I lately noticed that for some messages recipient address is correctly
> > displayed and the messages which are not correctly displayed are all
> > sent with the Evolution email client.
>
> Those messages don't use any of your identity email addresses.

Thanks, that fixed it. But I don't have a fix for the date thing:

> > I am not sure if it is related but I also have problems ordering emails
> > w.r.t. date column in some folders. There is no consistent behaviour I
> > can describe unfortunately. So I captured the attached image where you
> > can see that the column is ordered for date from the green arrow icon,
> > but obviously it isn't.
>
> You are either sorting by arrival date, not message date, or you are
> inside a virtual folder.

No, this is not inside a virtual folder. This is an imap folder.

I looked at the settings and I could not see a setting for sorting
w.r.t. the arrival date. Can you please tell me how to find out about
this?

I know I didn't purposely select such a thing related to date.