[imp] How to configure horde to change password and create users.

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Fri May 25 07:47:51 UTC 2012

Hi Dinoosh,

On 25/05/12 06:42, Dinoosh Nikapitiya wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have set up a email server using exim4 and dovecot imap with virtual
> domains/users. I have only a passwd file which have all the user names and
> passwords. ( I attached my passwd file.)
>
> How do i configure horde4 to change user passwords and create new users. I
> searched a lot but only found how to change passwords using mysql database.
> Please advice.
>
> thanks,
> Dinoosh.

I'm not sure there is a simple way to let Horde manage your users and
passwords if you use a text passwd file. I was in the same situation as
you and moved to a full SQL back-end to achieve this. However, instead
of telling Horde to use the Dovecot SQL table, I did it the other way
around: I configured Dovecot to use the "horde_users" table. This way I
can use Horde for full management of users and passwords. This might,
however, not be the answer you wanted.

Sebastian