[imp] cannot log in directly into IMP unless a HORDE administrator

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jun 13 11:52:13 UTC 2012

Zitat von Gerardo Red UNPA <gerar_redunpa at hotmail.com>:

> Hello. I want to configure IMP to allow me to log in directly. I
> have IMP set up to log in using the IMAP logon.
> Unfortunately, if I have HORDE set to use IMP for login, it tries to
> redirect me with no success complaining about cookies. If I have
> HORDE set up to use mysql to log in, it logs me in only if my user
> is listed as an administrator in conf.php. Either way, The user must
> be in IMAP and the admins list in horde's conf.php in order to allow
> me to log into IMP.
>
> Since I have the mailing list turned on for "digest" I will try to
> put as much info about my config as possible.
>
> in .../horde/config
> servers.local.php

Such a file doesn't exist and isn't supported.

> 'hordeauth' => 'full'
>
> conf.php:
> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('user1 at domain.com', 'user2 at domain.com');
> $conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
> $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

I thought you were *not* using IMP authentication in Horde, but SQL
authentication?

> $conf['spell']['params']['path'] = '/usr/bin/aspell';
> $conf['spell']['driver'] = 'aspell';
>
> registry.local.php:
> <?php
> $this->applications['horde'] = array(
>     'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',
>     'webroot' => '/webmail',
>     'initial_page' => 'login.php',
>     'name' => _("Portal de Correo Institucional UNPA"),
>     'allow_guests' => true,

You cannot make up your own settings here and expect they would do
anything beside breaking things.

>     'show' => true,
>     'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates',
>     'cookie_domain' => $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['domain.com'],
>     'cookie_path' => '/webmail',
>     //'server_name' => $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['SERVER_NAME'],
>     //'server_port' => $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['SERVER_PORT']
> );
>
> in .../horde/imp/config
> backends.php:
> $servers['imap'] = array(
>     // ENABLED by default
>     'disabled' => false,
>     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
>     'hostspec' => 'localhost',
>     'hordeauth' => true,
>     'protocol' => 'imap',
>     'port' => 143,
>     // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC 3501
>     // [6.2.3])
>     'secure' => 'tls',
>     'maildomain' => 'dominio.com',
>     // 'smtphost' => 'smtp.example.com',
>     // 'smtpport' => 25,
>     'cache' => false,
> );

You cannot use IMP authentication in Horde and Horde authentication in
IMP. That's a circular dependency.

> One other thing, since I could not get HORDE to create users on my
> dovecot/mysql configuration, I modified dovecot so that it used the
> horde horde_users table for authentication.  It seems to work well
> on the users I have tested, but then again, only as long as they are
> in conf.php listed as admins.
>
> If you need more information I will provide it.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and pointers.
>
> Gerardo Contreras
> Universidad Del Papaloapan
> Departamento de Redes

Jan Schneider