[imp] horde_prefs max size

Claude Tompers claude.tompers at restena.lu
Fri Jun 15 12:50:04 UTC 2012

Hello,

One of our users just added a picture to his mail signature and broke
his whole webmail that way. He was unable to login, falling back to the
login page again.
Luckily he could tell me that he just updated his signature before,
adding a picture to it.
The picture had something more then 67k in size, but the prefs_value
field (blob) has only a maximum size of 65535 bytes. This resulted in a
chunked php object that broke everything.

Shouldn't this be checked before writing it to the database ?

kind regards

--
Claude Tompers
Ingénieur réseau et système