[imp] horde_prefs max size

Claude Tompers claude.tompers at restena.lu
Fri Jun 15 13:26:24 UTC 2012

On 06/15/2012 02:59 PM, Vilius Šumskas wrote:
>> One of our users just added a picture to his mail signature and broke
>> his whole webmail that way. He was unable to login, falling back to the
>> login page again.
>> Luckily he could tell me that he just updated his signature before,
>> adding a picture to it.
>> The picture had something more then 67k in size, but the prefs_value
>> field (blob) has only a maximum size of 65535 bytes. This resulted in a
>> chunked php object that broke everything.
>>
>> Shouldn't this be checked before writing it to the database ?
> You can limit this in Horde -> Preference System configuration.

Hi Vilius,

Thanks for your quick answer, this should fix my problem.
The text in the config interface says that "MySQL stores the preference
data in a LONGTEXT field".
We are using a MySQL backend but the type of the pref_value field is
"blob". Could this be due to the fact that we updated the database from
Horde 3 instead of creating a new one ?
If so could I change the type from blob to longtext without problems ?

kind regards,

--
Claude Tompers
Ingénieur réseau et système