[imp] horde_prefs max size

Rui Carneiro rui.carneiro at portugalmail.net
Mon Jun 18 11:46:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt> wrote:

> > One of our users just added a picture to his mail signature and broke
> > his whole webmail that way. He was unable to login, falling back to the
> > login page again.
> > Luckily he could tell me that he just updated his signature before,
> > adding a picture to it.
> > The picture had something more then 67k in size, but the prefs_value
> > field (blob) has only a maximum size of 65535 bytes. This resulted in a
> > chunked php object that broke everything.
> >
> > Shouldn't this be checked before writing it to the database ?
>
> You can limit this in Horde -> Preference System configuration.

I have the exact same issue but when I set a maxsize to prefs I always get
this error:

*A fatal error has occurred*
*Horde_Cache_Storage_Memcache::serialize() must return a string or NULL*
*framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Factory/Prefs.php line 95*

Anyone have the same problem or have any idea why this is happening?

--
Rui Carneiro
Software Engineer*