[imp] attachment preview....

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Fri Jun 22 03:49:24 UTC 2012

Dear Michael,

Thanks for responding.

I am not willing to install abiword, so server side converting and
showing is not possible.  I agree on this.

I also agree that browser don't have built-in renderer for viewing
word files and hence the user has to download and view on the local
machine.  But, I don't get an option to download or view using local
machine.  This is my problem.  I hope, I am able to convey you what I
want.

I want an option to download/view the attached word/excel file,
instead it always opens new tab without showing anything (Word driver
is disabled by default).

Whereas for a pdf file attached, I get an option to either
download/view from a local machine.  I want the same behaviour for
word/excel files.

Sorry, if I am troubling you.  Sorry, if I am unable to understand
what you want to convey.

Please guide me.

Regards,
Anant.