[imp] IMP H5 (6.0.0alpha1)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jul 6 14:31:38 UTC 2012

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On Jul 5, 2012 6:47 PM, "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of the
> Internet
>> Mail Program (IMP) version H5 (6.0.0).
>
> Quick question..  Since it's not advised to run on production, is there a
> danger (or instructions on how-to) run on the same server in parallel?
>
> i.e. different path, but same imap server, etc

I don't think we have any official documentation for this, though it's
not really that difficult.

You need to use a dedicated PEAR install (see the INSTALL docs on how
to do this), and (obviously) a different web root. You should also
ensure that you review the configuration and be sure that you either
use different tmp or cache directories to avoid cache/session file
collisions between the two installs.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)