[imp] IMP6 v IMP5

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jul 12 20:20:27 UTC 2012

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 12 July 2012 15:27, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>> This *is* the message preview.
> How can it be a preview, it's the whole message.  That's like watching
> Lord of Rings and saying it's a trailer.
> I think the purpose of calling out these headers should be to include
> them in the "preview".  At the moment it would be quicker and easier
> for me to see them by clicking on view source than opening in a new
> window..

Because there is limited space in the preview window.  We are not
going to show every message detail in there, or else the preview
window becomes worthless.  99% of people just want a way to quickly
read their message.  They don't need any advanced functionality.  And
for the 1% of others, 99% of the time you don't need advanced features.

In order to view a large message (or a message with a lot of headers)
in the preview screen, you most likely would need to readjust the
horizontal (and possibly vertical) dragbars.  Which you would just
have to reset after finished reading the message so you can continuing
perusing the mailbox and/or folder list.

The canonical message view is the message screen.  This is never going
to change.

michael