[imp] Syncing contacts and calendar with Exchange?

Michael Wing marsfurrycreature at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:21:46 UTC 2012

> > I am using version 4.  From my rudimentary understanding, doesn't
> Activesync
> > only allow a client to sync with Horde?  What I'm looking for is a way to
> > sync Horde directly with Exchange without a middle-man, so to speak.
>
> Perhaps if you explain a bit more about what you're trying to do?  Do
> you own/control the Exchange server in question?

Yes, I do own/control the Exchange server in question.  I'm simply looking
for a way to keep my Contacts and Calendar synchronized between Exchange
and Horde.  That way, I only have to update one calendar, and one set of
contacts, and I can be assured that everything will be the same in both
places.  Ideally, this would occur on the server-side, perhaps a Horde
plugin that uses ActiveSync behind the scenes to do the synchronization.

I have found a way to do this by using SyncML Pro on my iPhone, which is
also connected to my Exchange server.  The phone is acting as a gateway of
sorts to grab the calendar entries and contacts from my Exchange server,
and sync them with Horde using SyncML.  This works, but requires SyncML Pro
to remain open for synchronization to occur.  Once again, ideally this
would be done server-side so these limitations don't exist.

Michael