[imp] adding realm in IMP5

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Aug 13 20:03:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Andrew Morgan wrote:

>>> Preferences are stored by the current Horde username.  This can be altered
>>> from the authentication username by using the 'authusername' hook.
>>
>> Is the 'authusername' hook only in Horde or is it available in IMP as well?
>>
>> How can I determine which IMAP server the user selected from within the
>> 'authusername' hook?  Does $credentials['server'] contain it?  Once I have
>> the server, can I access the backends.local.php $server['foo'] values?
>
> I have been playing around with this some more.  I found the $credentials
> array passed to IMP's preauthenticate hook contains:
>
> 'password' => (the user's password)
> 'mode' => 'traditional'
> 'imp_server_key' => 'onid'
>
> "onid" is the key in my backends.local.php file for one of my IMAP servers.
>
> However, I can't seem to access the $servers array.  I tried just logging it:
>
>  Horde::logMessage("IMP Server Realm: " .
>    $servers[$credentials['imp_server_key']]['realm'], 'NOTICE');
>
> Which produced an error in the log:
>
>  HORDE: [horde] PHP ERROR: Undefined variable: servers [pid 1217 on line
>    36 of "/var/www-test/horde/imp/config/hooks.php"]
>
> I don't know enough about the structure of IMP.  Is there a way to access the
> $servers array or some API call I can make to access it?
>

> My intention is to make the Horde ID be a fully-qualified name
> (user at example.com), then make an authusername hook to strip the domain off
> for authentication.

Okay, after flailing around for an hour, I've discovered that I should be
using the 'authusername' hook, like Michael said.  I tried playing with
preauthenticate and postauthenticate hooks, but that just left me unable
to login whenever I appended the realm.

If I hardcode a realm in authusername, I can make things work the way I
want:

      public function authusername($userId, $toHorde)
      {
       if ($toHorde) {
                 Horde::logMessage("toHorde userId: $userId", 'NOTICE');
               return $userId . '@onid.orst.edu';
       } else {
               // strip the domain off
                 $userId = substr($userId, 0, strpos($userId, '@'));
                 Horde::logMessage("toHorde userId: $userId", 'NOTICE');
               return $userId;
       }
     }

However, what I really need to do is lookup the realm on the fly.  Is
there some session parameter I can use as a key to lookup the $servers
entry?

I really need the ability to qualify usernames with realms!

Thanks,
 	Andy