[imp] imp hang on install

Ann Cantelow cantelow at csd.net
Wed Sep 12 00:23:29 UTC 2012

Hi.

I am trying to configure a new horde and imp install on redhat, installed
via the yum utility.

I have several servers.  One, a vms machine, works fine, while several
unix machines hang after the login credentials are entered.  The logs on
the other machines say that there was successful authentication.

The https://.../horde/imp/test.php program succeeds just fine and returns
an accurate count of messages for non-tls (and that is what I want to use
to connect, since we have a dedicated line between machines.)

I can access mail on the unix machines via the local mutt program over
imap, so it's not a firewall issue, right?  I can also telnet to port 143.

The only difference I can think of between the working vms machine and the
failing unix ones is that the unix machines have a subfolder, "mail/" for
the imap folders.

I can't find any apropos messages in the horde and httpd error logs, only
some php "...deprecated..." warnings.

The https certificate is not the correct host, since so far I am only
testing.  I plan on adding the correct certificate later.

I installed the database table into the horde database via the mysql
script that is helpfully provided.  But since the one vms machine
connection works, I don't think the problem is here.

Here's my config in servers.php.  Does anyone see any problem?  The first
one hangs, the second one is the sucessful vms machine.

$servers['hermes'] = array(
     'name' => 'Hermes',
     'server' => 'hermes.csd.net',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
     'port' => 143,
     'folders' => 'mail/',
     'maildomain' => 'hermes.csd.net',
     'smtphost' => 'hermes.csd.net',
     'smtpport' => 25,
     'realm' => 'hermes.csd.net',
     'preferred' => '',
);

For comparison, this is the vms machine that works:

$servers['hera'] = array(
     'name' => 'Hera.csd.net',
     'server' => 'hera.csd.net',
     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',