[imp] signer's certificate could not be verified

Paul Bentley paulduncanbentley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 08:23:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to set up Horde so that users can send emails with S/MIME and the recipients will receive a validated certificate message with the email. With both sender and recipient having each other's public keys, I still keep getting the message,

"Message Verified Successfully but the signer's certificate could not be verified."

I have the signer's certificate (signed by another certificate, which is self-signed) installed on the server, and the website's ip address is using the signer's certificate as it's SSL Certificate. But it still doesn't work.

How do I go about setting it up so that above the warning is not given?

Paul Bentley