[imp] Questions about Horde Email

enelani at laserserver.net enelani at laserserver.net
Mon Oct 8 02:05:15 UTC 2012

Hello,
I am a new subscriber to this list.

I have several Horde Email problems.

1. I am having problems receiving emails with large attachments. When
I go over a limit, the incoming email shows as blank or will not open.
On my server the maximum size allowed is 100Mb. But Horde won't allow
over about 2Mb. How do I increase the size allowed, other than on my
server?

2. When I try to open an email in Firefox or Safari, most of the time
the email won't open in a new web page. A dialog box comes up that says:

"The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset
while the page was loading. The site could be temporarily unavailable
or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I keep trying but same result. I found a temporary solution by
checking the small box next to the message I want to open and then
clicking on "view messages". However this method allows you to see an
read the message but does not allow you to reply to it.
Is this a Firefox/Safari or a Horde problem?

3. If an unopened message is left for over 30 minutes and then I try
to open it, a text message says it can't open it because it has been
over 30 minutes (or something similar). Why is this? Can this be
changed anywhere?

4. I delete spam and unwanted emails on my desktop computer, which are
then trashed permanently, not put in a trash file. However, later when
I view my emails on my iPhone, all the trashed emails are still there.
Why is that?

5. I have an extensive blacklist, but it doesn't seem to work very
well. Maybe I am entering it wrong. For example, if I want to block
100% of messages from a website, I have been entering
"@advertize-biz.cn" or "@jbklz.com" as examples. Is this correct? Or
should I leave the @ sign out? or should it be "*@advertize-biz.cn", I
haven't been able to find anything about this online.

Thanks for your help.

Noobie