[imp] Spellchecker

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:37:29 UTC 2012

On 24 October 2012 18:22, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
>> I find the spellcheck very limited - it's not possible to add words to
>> the dictionary for example.
>

> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/1674

Despite the over-whelming evidence before me, it's difficult to
believe that that feature request has been low-priority for 7 years.
A suggestion, if I may - would it be possible to put donate buttons on
feature requests to crowd-source the finance?  I'm sure that the
feature isn't worth the $500 it would probably cost to develop that
feature (and I may be well off the mark), but it would be worth $5/10
that I'd be prepared to contribute.

>> Also, is there a way to check the spelling in different languages per
>> message?  Say my default language is English, but I write mails in
>> Spanish, or German - how can I check spelling in those languages?
>

> See horde/config/nls.php (spelling key).  You obviously need to install
> dictionaries on your system for every language you want to support.

Okay, I installed the extra dictionaries - not sure what I have to do
with nls.php though.

Simon