[imp] Can't send over SMTP

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 02:21:24 UTC 2012

On Oct 25, 2012 5:20 PM, "Aleksandar Lazic" <al-hordeimp at none.at> wrote:

> Dear List members,
>
> I use the Horde 5.0.0beta6 and Imp H5 (6.0.0beta4). When I send mails I
get the following error message

al-test at none.at
5.5.2 <localhost>:
> Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname)
> ###

This is an error from your smtp server.  Probably you should configure that
to accept mail from registered users on the submission port - 587 - and
then configure Horde to use that port.  And not use that that restriction
on that port (it's very valid on the smtp port) - 25.

Simon

> my config looks like http://pastebin.com/ueisu0ir
> the versions of Horde are this http://pastebin.com/J8XdrimW
>
> I can read mails over imap but can't send over smtp
>
> I have also seen that in the Net_SMTP the variable localhost have the
value localhost
> and not the $conf['imap']['smtp']['localhost'] from the
backends.local.php or backends.php