[imp] Imp 4.3.11 - PGP encrypt Message

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Fri Nov 9 17:44:12 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I started testing using PGP encryption.  I can't send email if I
choose to encrypt or encrypt/sign the message. If can send mail using
any of the other PGP options.

The error, I'm getting is:

?PGP Error: Could not obtain public key from the keyserver.

Here is a copy of my imp settings:
$conf['utils']['gnupg'] = '/usr/bin/gpg';
$conf['utils']['gnupg_keyserver'] = array('pgp.mit.edu');
$conf['utils']['gnupg_timeout'] = 10;

I did some searching on the 'Net, and was able to send a query to the
mit.edu key server, and get a response from it, and the public key
matches what's shown in Imp's options.

My FW isn't blocking the traffic, so unless some other device is
upstream, I'm at a loss why I'm getting this error.

Any additional things to look at, would be appreciated.  All of my
Horde H3 modules are up to date.

Thanks,

John H. Bennett III