[imp] Redirect not working

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Nov 18 19:31:56 UTC 2012

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> Turns out that, for lack of a better term, your SMTP server sucks.  And it
>>> turns out that the Net_SMTP doesn't do any e-mail address checking itself,
>>> so we need to do it in the SMTP Horde_Mail driver.
>>>
>>> Upgrading to the newly released Horde_Mail 2.0.1 package should fix your
>>> issue.
>>
>> Then I'll need to file a bug with postfix developer - can you give me
>> more details so I might do that?
>
> I use postfix 2.9.4 and I can verify that it works fine without this
> change.  Direct connection to my server:
>
> MAIL FROM:<Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>>
> 250 2.1.0 Ok
>
> So apparently my version of postfix is smarter than your version of Postfix.

The above address is also accepted by my version of Postfix (2.8.11).
It turns out that it is Amavis (which is running a pre-queue proxy
here) is rejecting the format. I tried several addresses, with
following result:

     arjen at de-korte.org - OK
     Arjen de Korte <arjen at de-korte.org> - OK
     <Arjen de Korte <arjen at de-korte.org>> - NOT OK

I'm not sure if the last is a legitimate RFC822 or not, but at least I
now understand why it is rejected. Postfix is not to blame here, it is
Amavis rejecting the MAIL FROM address (at least in my setup).

Having said that, besides the change in Horde_Mail-2.0.1 package, this
might also be solved by changing line 2073 in 'imp/lib/Compose.php' from

                 $headers->addHeader('Return-Path', $from_addr);
                 $headers->addHeader('Return-Path', $from_addr->bare_address);

This will basically doing the same. Fixing this in Horde_Mail is
probably a better solution though, since it will prevent this problem
from happening Horde-wide.

Best regards, Arjen