[imp] Redirect not working

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Nov 19 23:15:49 UTC 2012

Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

> The above address is also accepted by my version of Postfix
> (2.8.11). It turns out that it is Amavis (which is running a
> pre-queue proxy here) is rejecting the format. I tried several
> addresses, with following result:
>
>     arjen at de-korte.org - OK
>     Arjen de Korte <arjen at de-korte.org> - OK
>     <Arjen de Korte <arjen at de-korte.org>> - NOT OK
>
> I'm not sure if the last is a legitimate RFC822 or not, but at least
> I now understand why it is rejected. Postfix is not to blame here,
> it is Amavis rejecting the MAIL FROM address (at least in my setup).

The last one isn't strictly legal.  But any reasonable SMTP
interpretation will do sanity checking to allow it.

> Having said that, besides the change in Horde_Mail-2.0.1 package,
> this might also be solved by changing line 2073 in
> 'imp/lib/Compose.php' from
>
>                 $headers->addHeader('Return-Path', $from_addr);
>                 $headers->addHeader('Return-Path', $from_addr->bare_address);

No, this isn't correct.  Horde_Mail explicitly allows any valid RFC822
address to be passed in (i.e. there is no limitation against full
addresses).  So this must be fixed in the SMTP driver.

michael