[imp] email page with 'loading' for ever on Horde webmail 5.0.2

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 3 13:02:11 UTC 2012

Zitat von Eric Van Bocxlaer <evb at ping.be>:

> Hi,
>
> Running Horde Webmail now for years from 3.x to 4.x without any problem.
> Running it on : Windows server 2003 with Apache/2.4.3 (Win32),
> PHP/5.4.4, MySQL5.5 and imap server hmailserver5.3.3
>
> Sunday I did the update to horde 5.0.2 using PEAR. The upgrade went wel.
> I could login to the new dynamic view and could do the configuration
> changes(updating database and config).
> I can see the agenda, the addressbook and the notes, but the email
> page gives a 'loading' for ever.
> I had 2 or 3 times that the left tree with the folders was loaded
> after some refreshes. In that case I could click on a map and the
> emails are
> loaded, but I couldn't open the emails.
> Sending an email works. (I have a backup-email system Roundcube,
> installed on the same server, with the same apache and php version
> and there I see my emails)
>
> So what did I already as tests:
> - with fiddler I see that the two ajax calls ViewPort and
> ListMailboxes are returning an error 504 (session was aborted)
> - in the apache error log I see at the same time: [mpm_winnt:notice]
> [pid 7316:tid 532] AH00428: Parent: child process exited with status
> 128 -- Restarting. (the error number is not really helpfull)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's the issue that you need to track down. For some reason your
Apache (or probably rather your PHP) crashes.

> - In the horde logfile there where some errors: ** HORDE [imp] PHP
> ERROR: Use of undefined constant D_FMT - assumed 'D_FMT' [pid 548 on
> line 42 of "C:\php\pear\Horde\Core\Script\Package\Datejs.php"]
>    --> corrected that in the source code, the error went away but
> the main problem, no email, is still there
> - In the hmailserver logfile I see the connection for the retrieving
> of the mailboxes and the emails, with a correct "SENT: 5 OK UID
> completed"
> - the Horde test file is given me the same results as for the
> previous versions, all green except for some pecl extensions not
> running on windows system
> - I increased the memory_limit in the php.ini file from 128M to 512M
> but no change
>
> So something is going wrong when creating the JSON response for the
> ajax calls.
> I changed in the configuration file the log option to see the DEBUG
> information. But, for what I can see, that is not giving more
> information.
>
> Today I did a complete deinstallation of horde via PEAR and a
> reinstall via PEAR, but same result.
>
> On this server I don't have a ZendStudio or something equivalent to debug.
> I added some print_f for manual debug, but not knowing the source
> code workflow, that's difficult. (+ it is several years ago that I
> programmed in php ;-) )
>
> Can somebody tell me where to start to debug this problem? It worked
> with the previous versions of horde, so it must work with the
> current version!

That logic is wrong. A new version means new code that can cause
completely different behavior in the used software stack and trigger
completely different bugs in the same stack.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project