[imp] IMAPPROXY protocol logging trace not working

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Wed Dec 5 20:49:40 UTC 2012

> Quoting Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>:
>
>> This is just an FYI for anyone else that may run into this problem.
>> Apparently, with the newer versions of HORDE/IMP (I am using Horde 5 and
> IMP
>> 6.02), when IMP logs into the IMAP server, via IMAPPROXY, the user name
> is
>> passed as a  quoted string, which is perfectly valid.  In older
> versions,
>> the user name was not quoted.  So, if you plan to run a protocol trace
> using
>> IMAPPROXY XPROXY_TRACE command and see no trace output, it is because
> you
>> need to provide your user name to trace using a double quote.
>
> The real question is why you are not using IMP's IMAP debug logging?

Well, I didn't know there was an IMAP debug logging in IMP.  The only
logging option I saw as in Horde and when I set that to DEBUG level, I
don't see IMAP logging.  I had always used IMAPPROXY so I stuck to the
same thing.

Can you point me to where I can find information on native IMAP
logging in IMP?

Thanks,
Aria