[imp] email page with 'loading' for ever on Horde webmail 5.0.2

Eric Van Bocxlaer evb at ping.be
Sun Dec 9 11:12:53 UTC 2012

Eric Van Bocxlaer <evb <at> ping.be> writes:

> Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:
>
> > > Can somebody tell me where to start to debug this problem? It worked
> > > with the previous versions of horde, so it must work with the
> > > current version!
> >
> > That logic is wrong. A new version means new code that can cause
> > completely different behavior in the used software stack and trigger
> > completely different bugs in the same stack.
>
> Hmmm, not completely agree, but nor disagree.
> I wanted to point out that the previous versions of Horde where running on
> this server, so the installation of Apache, PHP is correctly done (or so far
> correctly that horde 4.x was running smootely)
> I agree that new code wil introduce new bugs.
>
> Still I have no new information where to start to debug.
> The test.php is giving all green.
> From the logs, I see that the AJAX calls Viewport and Listmailboxes are
giving
> problems.
> Where can I find these methods in the php code?
> If I can add some debug statements, I can maybe find the problem.
>
> Eric

Found myself the method ListMailboxes in C:\Apache24
\htdocs\webmail\imp\lib\Ajax\Application\Handler\Dynamic.php.
Added myself some debug messages in the code, to follow the execution of the
code.
Result the code exits sometimes in the middle, sometimes it goes to the end of
the method --> there is no fix point where it explodes.

The last time indication in the horde log corresponds with the time indication
in the Apache log with the error [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8476:tid 532]
AH00428: Parent: child process exited with status 128 -- Restarting.

I activated the debug level in the Apache configuration, but no more
information.
Can I force somewhere horde to flush his logfile for each line? Maybe horde
does not get the time to flush his last debug messages to the logfile, when it
explodes...

The strange thing is that the rest of the horde webmail, like the addressbook,
agenda, tasks, notes, configuration, etc... works without any problem.
(I see only php errors related to calling non-static method statically, see my
other posting)