[imp] disallow Dynamic View

Brendan Oakley gentux2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 23:41:06 UTC 2013

Hello.

I have a need to disallow Dynamic view in IMP. I do not necessarily
need to disallow it for other apps, but with our current backend setup
and load the dynamic Imp is too intensive on the IMAP server.

In Imp 5 I used $_prefs['dynamic_view'], but this no longer works in Imp 6.

I see previous posts recommending $conf['user']['force_view'] =
'basic', but the problem with this option is that it also prohibits
the mobile views, which need to be allowed. Besides, it disallows
Dynamic view in all apps, which is not necessary.

What would be the best way to achieve this?

Thanks
Brendan