[imp] disallow Dynamic View

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Jan 17 22:19:01 UTC 2013

Hi brendan,

Quoting Brendan Oakley <gentux2 at gmail.com>:

> Since only one Horde_Cache driver can be
> selected, a database cache presumably would rule out leveraging
> eAccelerator or XCache, unless I misunderstand something? I am still
> exploring this.

Mind the * $conf[cache][use_memorycache] setting.
You can configure a first-level in-memory cache (APC, memcached) which
falls through to the disk or sql based
$conf[cache][driver] when it doesn't hit.

Memcache can also work as a shared session handler over more than one
horde application server.

Still, I wonder why dynamic mode stresses your imap server more than classic.
--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant & Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de