[imp] Signature

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jan 21 18:29:16 UTC 2013

Quoting azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>:

>> Od: "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org>
>> Komu: <imp at lists.horde.org>
>> Dátum: 21.01.2013 09:48
>> Predmet: Re: [imp] Signature
>>
>> Zitat von azurIt <azurit at pobox.sk>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> ia have two questions:
>>>
>>> 1.) Is it possible to add signature right after the _my_ text in
>>> IMP6 when replying to message? Standard behavior is to add it to the
>>> end of message (so after the quoted text).
>>> 2.) Is it possible to display signature in compose screen? Like in IMP5.
>>>
>>> thnx.
>>>
>>> azur
>>
>> This has been discussed and asked a dozen times already. Please use
>> search engines and mailing list archives.
>

> What about to make a special mark like <%
> your_signature_will_be_placed_here %> which will appear in
> composition window and will be replaced by signature after sending
> an e-mail?

Absolutely not.

As Jan says, this has been discussed multiple times before.  *Very*
briefly: putting the signature ANYWHERE other than as the last data in
the message makes absolutely no sense and leads to producing
completely unreadable message text.  Which is one of MULTIPLE reasons
why signature text has absolutely no business appearing anywhere near
user-enterable message text.

michael