[imp] [HORDE 5.0.4][IMP 6.0.4] - config error: Invalid method call "listMailboxes"

Frank Sikora frank.sikora at capfields.com
Thu Feb 14 15:54:29 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I just installed the last Webmail edition 5.0.4 on my mutualized
server (ovh webhosting).
I encountered some trouble due to the fact that I cannot access the
environment of the server but only run locally some stuff like Pear.
But at the end, Horde is running as well as a couple of others apps
like mnemo, Kronolith or nag, but not IMP!! (the most important module
in my case...).
After configuring the imp app in Horde configuration screen, I got an
error that avoids any further use of Horde.
Error is like this:
IMP_Imap: Invalid method call "listMailboxes".

  1. Horde_Core_Block_Layout_View->toHtml()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/services/portal/index.php:35
  2. Horde_Core_Block->getContent()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/pear/PEAR/Horde/Core/Block/Layout/View.php:89
  3. Horde_Core_Block->_call()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/pear/PEAR/Horde/Core/Block.php:164
  4. IMP_Block_Summary->_content()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/pear/PEAR/Horde/Core/Block.php:235
  5. Horde_Injector->getInstance()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/imp/lib/Block/Summary.php:70
  6. Horde_Injector->createInstance()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/pear/PEAR/Horde/Injector.php:247
  7. Horde_Injector_Binder_Factory->create()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/pear/PEAR/Horde/Injector.php:213
  8. IMP_Factory_Imaptree->create()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/pear/PEAR/Horde/Injector/Binder/Factory.php:111
  9. IMP_Imap_Tree->__construct()
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/imp/lib/Factory/Imaptree.php:57
10. IMP_Imap_Tree->init() /homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/imp/lib/Imap/Tree.php:181
11. IMP_Imap_Tree->_getList() /homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/imp/lib/Imap/Tree.php:272
12. IMP_Imap->listMailboxes() /homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/imp/lib/Imap/Tree.php:310
13. IMP_Imap->__call() /homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/imp/lib/Imap/Tree.php:310
Details

The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown
below only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see
error details.

BadMethodCallException Object
(
     [message:protected] => IMP_Imap: Invalid method call "listMailboxes".
     [string:Exception:private] =>
     [code:protected] => 0
     [file:protected] => /homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/imp/lib/Imap.php
     [line:protected] => 343
     [trace:Exception:private] => Array
         (
             [0] => Array
                 (
                     [file] => /homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/imp/lib/Imap/Tree.php
                     [line] => 310
                     [function] => __call
                     [class] => IMP_Imap...etc

I don't clearly understand where the issue can be. Horde can connect
to my imap server without problem (for authentication).
What you must know:
1. Horde Webmail edition is installed directly at root level
(/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www), not in a dedicated path (like
/homez.nnn/mmmmm/www/webmail) for instance

2. Because of OVH's mutualised hosting, I cannot change the
include_path via a .htaccess or other xxx.ini file. Then to access
Horde material, I had to modify few files of Horde framework
(index.php and lib/core.php) to add an ini_set() for my pear env.
Don't know if there is a relation, as all other installed apps are
running well.

Thanks for your support on that as I would really like to go ahead
with Horde/IMP now!

Frank

CapFields (Luxembourg) s.a
30, rue de l'Industrie
L-8069 Strassen (Grand Duché du Luxembourg)
Web:  <http://www.capfields.com/> www.capfields.com
T: +352 26 39 66 10
F: +352 26 39 66 66

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely
for the addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately
notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any
dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited
except formal approval.
The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
CapFields (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable
for the message if modified.