[imp] Imp hangs after upgrade

Chris cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Sun Feb 17 19:48:18 UTC 2013

On 02/17/2013 01:23 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just updated to the new horde suite today (using pear upgrade -a -B
>> -c horde).  Everything so far seems to work except for IMP and
>> Kronolith.
>>
>> when I Click on "Mail", the left panel says "Loading..." and hangs.
>> Kronolith does the same thing, incidentally, so I imagine the issue
>> is the same for both.
>>
>> I am using imp 6.0.4, horde 5.0.4 (and kronolith 4.0.4).  My entire
>> horde suite is current as of today.
>>
>> I am running on debian squeeze, and all packages are up to date as of
>> today.
>>
>> There is no output in my horde.log, and I see nothing of consequence
>> in /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog.
>>
>> Any idea on what is going on here?
>
> At a minimum, you will need to check for javascript errors in your
> browser.  And if you don't find any, then you will likely have to step
> through the javascript code to find out why it is not displaying
> anything.
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

Hi Michael, and thanks.

I do have quite a few javascript errors:
Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: HordePopup is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox#mbox%3ASU5CT1g
Line: 558

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: Template is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/scriptaculous/sound.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 14

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: TypeError: document.observe is not a function
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/sidebar.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 60

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: TypeError: document.observe is not a function
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/topbar.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 123

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: Prototype is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/scriptaculous/effects.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 73

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: TypeError: Horde_ToggleQuotes.clickHandler.bindAsEventListener is
not a function
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/toggle_quotes.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 40

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: Class is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/slider2.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 58

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: Error: jQuery, MooTools or Prototype needs to be loaded before
jStorage!
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/jstorage.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 72

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: Class is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/form_ghost.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 46

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: $H is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/dragdrop2.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 134

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: Class is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/imp/js/viewport.js?v=36100e84295ef406dc3fc18b31b484fc
Line: 223

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: TypeError: ImpPassphraseDialog.onClick.bindAsEventListener is not
a function
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/imp/js/passphrase.js?v=36100e84295ef406dc3fc18b31b484fc
Line: 41

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: TypeError: DimpBase.keydownHandler.bindAsEventListener is not a
function
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/imp/js/dimpbase.js?v=36100e84295ef406dc3fc18b31b484fc
Line: 3844

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: $H is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/imple.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 20

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: ReferenceError: Class is not defined
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/contextsensitive.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 59

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: TypeError: document.observe is not a function
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/imp/js/dimpcore.js?v=36100e84295ef406dc3fc18b31b484fc
Line: 392

Timestamp: 02/17/2013 10:06:38 AM
Error: TypeError: document.observe is not a function
Source File:
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/hordecore.js?v=7518defebaf976cab73da94a232a89b6
Line: 544
I wonder if I'm missing some files from the upgrade?  I don't know how..
I followed the docs, I updated everything in pear...  But I confess I am
not the best with pear, so if something additional needs to be done, I
might have missed it.

I appreciate the help!

-Chris