[imp] Emoticons (smilies, smiley) giving cert error

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Mon Feb 18 23:58:58 UTC 2013

Hi Again,

I'm having a strange error when my users attempt to use the "smilies"
in their emails.  The red pop-up comes up saying that it is unable to
communicate with the server, but the real detail comes when they click
on any horde component after this error (for example, click on
"calendar").  Then I get a big red pop-up that says this:

Problem with
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif: fopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed. fopen(): Failed to enable crypto. fopen(https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif): failed to open stream: operation
failed

I am current on all things horde (as far as I know).  The smiley files
are where they should be on the server:
~/horde/js/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images and the perms are
sufficiently lax. I can put
https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif in my web browser and it renders the smiley
appropriately.

Now, I know that this is saying it is an https issue, but I do NOT use
self-signed certs.  My certs work just fine in all other regards, and
do not expire until christmas eve of this year.  So there must be
something else going on (or it is a bug).

What could be going on here?

Thank you!

-Chris