[imp] Emoticons (smilies, smiley) giving cert error

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Tue Feb 19 14:11:15 UTC 2013

> Zitat von cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Hi Again,
>>
>> I'm having a strange error when my users attempt to use the
>> "smilies" in their emails.  The red pop-up comes up saying that it
>> is unable to communicate with the server, but the real detail comes
>> when they click on any horde component after this error (for
>> example, click on "calendar").  Then I get a big red pop-up that
>> says this:
>>
>> Problem with
>> https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif: fopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed. fopen(): Failed to enable crypto. fopen(https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif): failed to open stream: operation
>> failed
>>
>> I am current on all things horde (as far as I know).  The smiley
>> files are where they should be on the server:
>> ~/horde/js/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images and the perms are
>> sufficiently lax. I can put
>> https://www.myhordedom.com/horde/js/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif in my web browser and it renders the smiley
>> appropriately.
>>
>> Now, I know that this is saying it is an https issue, but I do NOT
>> use self-signed certs.  My certs work just fine in all other
>> regards, and do not expire until christmas eve of this year.  So
>> there must be something else going on (or it is a bug).
>>
>> What could be going on here?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> -Chris
>
> This is coming from your horde server trying to download the images
> from itself. So you might be able to verify the server's cert from
> an external client, but not from the server itself.
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/

Hi Jan,

Yes, I understand that is what it is trying to do, however, there is
nothing wrong with the cert.  Like I said, it is not self-signed, and
firefox, ie, chrome, opera and safari have no trouble with it in any
other regard (I don't need to import it, it is just recognized via the
CAs on board those browsers).  And, I can look at those smiley pics
using the same url in that error output in my browser with no problems
whatsoever.  I never had this issue until after the upgrade -- and I
did not alter the cert in any way.  I just upgraded horde (and all its
components) to the most recent.

So, something else must be going on here.  Any ideas?

I appreciate the help. :)

-Chris