[imp] problems configuring with imp6.0.4 on horde5.0.4

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 19:21:28 UTC 2013

Hi
I'd be grateful for some brief advice as this has been driving me insane
for the past week.
A customer asked me to set up a new rhel6 server for them.
I have set up a new rhel6 server with virtualmin and horde5 - all modules
(imp, turba, kronolith, gollem, ingo, mnemo and nag are shown as up to date)
All went well and quite quickly I reached "db schema is ready" and
"application is ready" on all the horde applications.
Initially I could not get the test.php mail schema support test for IMP to
work, but eventually I did.
However, no matter what I do I cannot get horde to successfully login to
mail.
 HORDE: User is not authorized for imp [pid 6303 on line 259 of
"/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php"]

I am using MySQL and Dovecot with Postfix,

To confirm the postfix I used telnet localhost smtp and was able to send an
email out, although replies from an external gmail account were rejected.

For the past week I have been googling for solutions but almost every thing
I try seems to refer to previous versions of horde or postfix.
so now I have, for example, from http://theupstairsroom.com/115 , a mysql
database 'mail' with table 'mailbox' containing username, password, etc -
when I configure for this,
I lose the ability for horde to maintain users, but still cannot get past
the user authentication message.
Using the horde_user table in the generated horde database makes no
difference either.
I've also tried (following another wiki) to add a table 'users' to the
horde database but that didn't work either.

I spent some time on http://wiki.horde.org/SQLAuthHowTo?referrer=HowTo -
but that won't work either.

I seem to be going around in circles between changes to the mysql database
tables, horde authentication changes in horde/config/conf.php and
horde/imp/config/conf.php and fiddling with dovecot and postfix.
One gets to the point of losing track of whether the postfix conf has been
changed to match the latest change to a mysql table.

Surely somewhere, there is a simple howto which relates to the latest
versions!
I have
rhel6,  Linux 2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.x86_64 on x86_64
postfix-2.6.6-2.2.el6_1.x86_64,
dovecot-2.0.9-5.el6.x86_64,
mysql-5.1.67-1.el6_3.x86_64

Horde Version

   - 5.0.4

Horde Applications

   - Agora [Forums]: unknown
   - Ansel [Photos]: unknown
   - Chora [Version Control]: unknown
   - Content: 2.0.2
   - Gollem [File Manager]: H5 (3.0.0) (run
tests<https://scotz.co.uk/horde/test.php?app=gollem>
   )
   - Hermes [Time Tracking]: unknown
   - Imp [Mail]: H5 (6.0.4) (run
tests<https://scotz.co.uk/horde/test.php?app=imp>
   )
   - Ingo [Filters]: H5 (3.0.3) (run
tests<https://scotz.co.uk/horde/test.php?app=ingo>
   )
   - Jonah [News]: unknown
   - Klutz [Comics]: unknown
   - Kolab [Kolab]: unknown
   - Kronolith [Calendar]: H5 (4.0.4) (run
tests<https://scotz.co.uk/horde/test.php?app=kronolith>
   )
   - Luxor [X-Ref]: unknown
   - Mnemo [Notes]: H5 (4.0.3)
   - Nag [Tasks]: H5 (4.0.2)
   - Passwd [Password]: unknown
   - Sam [Spam]: unknown
   - Sesha [Inventory]: unknown
   - Timeobjects: 2.0.2
   - Trean [Bookmarks]: unknown
   - Turba [Address Book]: H5 (4.0.3) (run
tests<https://scotz.co.uk/horde/test.php?app=turba>
   )
   - Ulaform [Forms]: unknown
   - Vilma [Mail Admin]: unknown
   - Whups [Tickets]: unknown
   - Wicked [Wiki]: unknown

PHP Version

   - View phpinfo() screen <https://scotz.co.uk/horde/test.php?mode=phpinfo>
   - View loaded extensions<https://scotz.co.uk/horde/test.php?mode=extensions>
   - PHP Version: 5.3.3
   - PHP Major Version: 5.3
   - PHP Minor Version: 3
   - PHP Version Classification: release
   - *You are running a supported version of PHP.*

PHP Module Capabilities

   - Ctype Support: *Yes*
   - DOM XML Support: *Yes*
   - MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): *Yes*
   - MIME Magic Support (fileinfo) - Configuration: *Yes*
   - FTP Support: *Yes*
   - GD Support: *Yes*
   - Gettext Support: *Yes*
   - GeoIP Support (PECL extension): *No*
   *Horde can optionally use the GeoIP extension to provide faster country
   name lookups.*
   - Hash Support: *Yes*
   - Iconv Support: *Yes*
   - GNU Iconv Support: *Yes*
   - Internationalization Support: *No*
   *Horde requires the intl extension to handle Internationalized Domain
   Names. Compile PHP with --enable-intl.*
   - Imagick (PECL extension): *No*
   *Horde can make use of the Imagick library to manipulate images. It is
   highly recommended to use the PECL extension (although, alternatively,
   Horde can be configured to use the convert command line utility instead).
   *
   - JSON Support: *Yes*
   - LDAP Support: *No*
   *LDAP support is only required if you want to use an LDAP server for
   anything like authentication, address books, or preference storage. Compile
   PHP with --with-ldap to activate the extension.*
   - LZF Compression Support (PECL extension): *No*
   *If the lzf PECL module is available, Horde can compress some cached
   data in your session to make your session size smaller (highly recommended).
   *
   - Mbstring Support: *No*
   *If you want to take full advantage of Horde's localization features and
   character set support, you will need the mbstring extension. Compile PHP
   with --enable-mbstring to activate the extension.*
   - memcached Support (memcache) (PECL extension): *No*
   *The memcache PECL module is only needed if you are using a memcached
   server for caching or sessions. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on
   how to install PECL/PHP extensions.*
   - MySQL Support: *Yes*
   - OpenSSL Support: *Yes*
   - PAM Support (PECL extension): *No*
   *The PAM PECL extension is required to allow PAM authentication to be
   used.*
   - PDO: *Yes*
   - PostgreSQL Support: *Yes*
   - Session Support: *Yes*
   - SimpleXML support: *Yes*
   - Tidy support: *No*
   *The tidy PHP extension is used to sanitize HTML data. Compile PHP with
   --with-tidy to activate the extension.*
   - XML Parser support: *Yes*
   - Zlib Support: *Yes*

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

   - allow_url_include disabled: *Yes*
   - magic_quotes_runtime disabled: *Yes*
   - magic_quotes_sybase disabled: *Yes*
   - memory_limit value: 128M
   - register_globals disabled: *Yes*
   - safe_mode disabled: *Yes*
   - session.auto_start disabled: *Yes*
   - session.gc_divisor value: 1000
   *PHP automatically garbage collects old session information, as long as
   this setting (and session.gc_probability) are set to non-zero. It is
   recommended that this value be "10000" or higher (see docs/INSTALL).*
   - session.gc_probability value: 1
   - session.use_trans_sid disabled: *Yes*
   - tidy.clean_output disabled: *Yes*
   - zlib.output_compression disabled: *Yes*

Required Configuration Files

   - config/conf.php: *Yes*

PHP Sessions

   - Session counter: 24 [refresh the page to increment the counter]
   - To unregister the session: click
here<https://scotz.co.uk/horde/test.php?app=horde&mode=unregister>

PEAR

   - *PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path)*:
   /var/www/html/horde/lib:/var/www/html/horde/lib:.:/usr/share/pear/share/pear
   - PEAR: *Yes*
   - Cache: *Yes*
   - File_Fstab: *Yes*
   - HTTP_WebDAV_Server: *No*
   *This package is required if you want to use the WebDAV interface of
   Horde (e.g. to access calendars or tasklists with external clients).*
   - MDB2: *Yes*
   - Net_DNS2: *Yes*
   - Net_SMTP: *Yes*
   - Services_Weather: *Yes*
   - XML_Serializer: *No*
   *XML_Serializer is used by the Services_Weather module on the weather
   applet/block on the portal page.*

File Uploads

   - file_uploads enabled: *Yes*
   - upload_max_filesize: 2M
   - post_max_size: 8M
   This value should be several times the expect largest upload size
   (notwithstanding any upload limits present in an application). Any upload
   that exceeds this size will cause any state information sent along with the
   uploaded data to be lost. This is a PHP limitation and can not be worked
   around.

Local File Permissions

   - Is /var/www/html/horde/lib/../static writable by the web server user? *
   Yes*