[imp] problems configuring with imp6.0.4 on horde5.0.4

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Sun Feb 24 15:18:19 UTC 2013

----- Mensagem de peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk ---------
     Data: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:10:10 +0000
     De: peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>
  Assunto: Re: [imp] problems configuring with imp6.0.4 on horde5.0.4
       Para: "Mauricio Jose T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>
       Cc: imp at lists.horde.org

> Hi
> Thanks Mauricio
> OK, I have a postfix/dovecot that will send mail, using a sql db 'mail' and
> the test.php works for IMP
> I also have a horde db with a table horde_users
> However, I am struggling to understand how to link a real linux user able
> to send mail with the virtual users within horde
> Regards
> Peter Lawrie

That is, in my opinion, a misconcept of how Horde/IMP works.

So you have users that can authenticate via IMAP (Dovecot) and they
can read and send mail somewhow (via Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows
Mail, Pegasus Mail...). Is that correct?

If yes, all you have to do is configure Horde/IMP to use IMAP. Read
Horde and IMP INSTALL docs (configuring), read and configure
horde/imp/config/backends.php to use your IMAP server (it has
descriptions and examples).

Horde users are just users that can authenticate via IMAP, you don´t
need to create Horde users. As you did create Horde users, I would
delete them.

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica C. C. F. - UFRJ
mtecles at biof.ufrj.br