[imp] problems configuring with imp6.0.4 on horde5.0.4

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Feb 25 00:30:41 UTC 2013

Quoting peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>:

> I can send emails out using telnet localhost smtp
> But cannot get authentication for IMP on the test.php
> dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (auth failed, 2 attempts): user=<
> plawrie at scotz.co.uk>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS

Then don't require authentication for the SMTP server in
horde/config/conf.php.  Or if you DO require authentication to the
SMTP server, you have to make sure you are using the correct
credentials.

> I logged out of horde and now I can't login again because I have deleted
> the entries from horde_users in the horde db
> The username I am trying to login with is correct in another sql database
> 'mail' which dovecot-mysql.conf points to.

There is no need to point to any sort of SQL authentication database.
If you want to allow logins to users that have an IMAP account, enable
'imp' application authentication.  There is clear instructions on how
to do this in imp/docs/INSTALL.

michael