[imp] A fatal error has occurred IMP_Imap: Invalid method call "getParam".

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Feb 26 03:06:42 UTC 2013

----- Mensagem de peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk ---------
     Data: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 00:06:28 +0000
     De: peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>
  Assunto: [imp] A fatal error has occurred IMP_Imap: Invalid method
call "getParam".
       Para: imp at lists.horde.org

> Hi
> I ran pear uninstall horde/xxx for all applications and horde
> Then ran pear install horde/horde and then the apps.
> I presumed I would not have to delete all of /var/www/html/horde - perhaps
> I should have.
> Copied the new conf.php.dist to conf.php and found the same error as before!
> A fatal error has occurred IMP_Imap: Invalid method call "getParam".
>
> horde/imp/config/backends.php is as distribution
>
> Here are backends.local.php and servers.local.php - I copied and then
> removed them, but the error is the same
>
> # cat /var/www/html/horde/imp/config/backends.local.php
> <?php
>   $servers['imap']['secure'] = false;
>
> # cat /var/www/html/horde/imp/config/servers.local.php

There is no such file. Mixing versions?

It´s been hard to help you as you keep changing subject, cut thinhgs
off from mails and don´t follow a thread. I don´t know where are we
now, I have posed question on days 23 and 24 but I don´t know the
answers.
Let´s make a check list:

1- Do you have a mail system (SMTP and IMAP) that you can use
Thundebird, Outllok, Pegasus Mail, Windows Mail or any other mail
client, but Horde, on a client computer to send mail, receive mail,
reply mail, read mail, move mail to folders?
2- If no, go back to 1. If yes, proceed to 3.
3- Read again Horde and IMP INSTALL docs (Prerequisites, Installing,
Configuring).
4- Save original files:
cp  horde/imp/config/backends.php  horde/imp/config/backends.php.orig
cp  horde/config/conf.php.dist   horde/config/conf.php

The original horde/imp/config/backends.php has several examples that
IMP can try to use, so it is not a good idea to let IMP guess what you
want.
Edit horde/imp/config/backends.php and let just "$servers['imap']" and
its array of parameters, fill your 'maildomain'.

Move any Horde applcation conf.php:
horde/*/config/conf.php -> horde/*/config/conf.php.bak

5- You should be given administrative access without login.
6- Configure Horde: (Gear->Administration->configuration). Keep to a
minimum for now.
Your backend: mysql, set mysql parameters.
Generate Horde configuration. Don´t logout!
Click to correct schema for each Horde application.
All Database applications must be "DB schema is ready".
Configure each application. Keep to a minimum for now.
All application Status nust be "Application is ready".
Configure Horde: Authentication:
$conf[auth][admins]:   put a login of a real system (IMAP) user.
$conf[auth][driver]: Let a Horde application handle application.
$conf[auth]: set imp as the application.
Generate Horde configuration.
Logout.
7- Login as the user with administrative access. This user should be
able to use Horde, IMP and other Horde applications and have
administative access to Horde (Gear->Administration->configuration).

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica C. C. F. - UFRJ
mtecles at biof.ufrj.br

----- Final da mensagem de peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk -----