[imp] installation of horde 5 4th attempt.

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 22:17:57 UTC 2013

On 27 February 2013 21:22, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 27 Feb 2013 22:11, "peter lawrie" <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > Installation no 4
> > Cleaned out everything and started again.
> > Initially got into https://<server>/horde and was able to access the
> tabs
> > on horde
> >
> > Generated the first conf.php and got this
> > I have tried uninstalling app by app but don't seem to be able to get
> past
> > it.
> >
> > Message from syslogd at scotz1 at Feb 27 20:44:05 ...
> >  HORDE: [horde] "" driver (for Horde_Share not found). [pid 25142 on line
> > 1589 of "/usr/share/pear/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php"]
> > Peter Lawrie
> > A fatal error has occurred"" driver (for Horde_Share not found).
> >
> >  1. Horde_Core_Factory_BlockCollection->create()
> > /var/www/html/horde/services/portal/index.php:31
> >

> Are you able to show exactly which steps you undertook?  You really don't
> need to "uninstall" apps - that's generally not the issue.  What exactly
> did you install this time? Just the main packages? With dependencies?
>
> Simon

Hi Simon
Having run through the installation from the beginning with an empty mysql
horde db I installed horde/horde and horde/groupware with alldeps
At this point I was able to access all the tabs on the horde menu.
I configured the db to mysql and updated the databases, I noted a problem
with horde-alarm when I tried to update initially but realised I had to do
that and the others before doing the apps.
OK so far, Then when trying to update the first of the apps (mnemo) I had
the above error.
SO I removed the apps pear uninstall horde/groupware
I also changed permissions chmod -R 0666 horde
Now I just get a blank screen - no errors but nothing else either
I tried installing --alldeps horde/groupware again but it has made no
difference.

Finally I did chmod -R 0777 horde and can now access the horde installation
Obviously the permissions are now wide open but I'll return to that if I
can get the rest to work!
I have been through your helpful notes on configuration, omitting pgp, ssl
and imap for the moment.
I'm also concerned about the pecl modules lxf, memcache and imagick which I
can't run due to phpize
I raised a separate message to the list about that problem as I cannot
install php-devel-5.3.3-22 from redhat
Tomorrow if it's stable I'll start worrying about IMAP authentication again.
Peter