[imp] pecl install modules

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 23:28:39 UTC 2013

On 27 February 2013 23:05, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.**co.uk<peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>
> >:
>
>  Just starting to install horde (H5) for the fourth time!.
>> Looking at the pecl install instructions
>> You suggest fileinfo memcache imagicj and lzf
>> For each I need to have a file in /etc/php.d such as fileinfo.ini
>> containing extension=fileinfo.so
>> That's fine for fileinfo because I have
>> # find / -name "*fileinfo.so*" -print
>> /usr/lib64/php/modules/**fileinfo.so
>>

>> However for lzf, memcache and imagick I don't have a .so file
>> Running pecl install imagick for instance gives
>> # pecl install imagick
>> downloading imagick-3.0.1.tgz ...
>> Starting to download imagick-3.0.1.tgz (93,920 bytes)
>> .....................done: 93,920 bytes
>> 13 source files, building
>> running: phpize
>> sh: phpize: command not found
>> ERROR: `phpize' failed
>>
>> I don't have phpize, it appears it is in php-devel-5.3.3-22.el6.x86_64
>> which I don't have (I have php-5.3.3-22 and php-common and php-cli)
>> but I cannot find this anywhere in yum or elsewhere. Redhat refer to it
>> but
>> it does not appear to be obtainable!
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> There *has* to be some php-devel pacakge in your repo. Try maybe just
> php-devel (and not the entire version string).
>
> --
> mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org

Mike
I agree there "has" to be one, but there isn't
I tried installing one I downloaded but it has to agree with the
php-5.3.3-22, php--cli and php-common I have
php-devel is not in yum for redhat.

  # yum install php-devel-5.3.3-22
Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can
use subscription-manager to register.
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or RHN Satellite.
Setting up Install Process
No package php-devel-5.3.3-22 available.
Error: Nothing to do
When I google install php-devel-5.3.3-22 redhat
I get to various redhat pages which list the rpm but will not allow me to
download it.
I have confirmed that the server is new and registered with RedHat
Peter Lawrie